Bill n Sue
Sue left our warm bed early one morning to go out and feed the stray cats. It was winter and my winter routine is to lay in bed long enough in the morning until the sun rises and I can take at least 3 layers off. By contrast Sue likes to get things done early. Ying and Yang.
A short time later Sue came back in and said ” mrrfr…blrrrmf…. catsmrfum… frigin freezin…frumpfurf.” At least that is what it sounded like with my head under the pillow with no intention of asking for clarification. Communicating, or more accurately, not communicating by shouting at each other from different rooms in the house was not uncommon. I was more than happy to let this muffled sound slide past as I tried to get my second sleep of the day. I was learning from our cats about the importance of sleep but I was still and amateur.
Not getting a response Sue entered the bedroom to give me the all important news flash from the world of our cats. “The cats are not there, they must be running late” she whispered into my ear. Actually she shouted it from the doorway. “Running late” I said. “Running late” I muttered again into my pillow. Raising my head from my warm snug den I reluctantly and sarcastically joined the conversation. “What, running late as in stuck in a meeting or stuck in traffic”. Oh how we laughed, I mean, oh how I laughed. The bedroom became a bit chilly that morning. Oh well zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Leave a message, get updates or Send me your funny stories here
A few cat jokes to brighten your day….
- When cats need to go to the airport, who do they call? A tabby.
- Why did the cat have to go to an accountant? They got caught up in a purramid scheme.
- What does the cat say after making a joke? “Just kitten!”
- A policeman in the big city stops a man in a car with a Siberian Lynx in the front seat. “What are you doing with that Siberian Lynx?” He exclaimed, “You should take it to the zoo.” The following week, the same policeman sees the same man with the cat again in the front seat, with both of them wearing sunglasses. The policeman pulls him over. “I thought you were going to take that cat to the zoo!” The man replied, “I did. We had such a good time we are going to the beach this weekend!”
- What is the first thing a cat does in the morning? It wakes up. What is the second thing it does after waking up? It goes back to sleep